The Brooks Bandits, five-time champions of the Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL) and two-time National Junior A Champions, are seeking candidates for the full-time seasonal position of Equipment Manager.
A successful applicant must be a team-oriented individual who is outgoing, organized and willing to work closely with the team coaching staff and athletic therapist to serve the players’ needs. The position requires strong organizational and communication skills with personal initiative and a positive attitude. The individual will also be required to travel with the team on all road games.
The Bandits pride themselves on being a premier Canadian Junior A franchise, providing a top experience for both players and team staff. The team’s facilities at the Centennial Regional Arena are second-to-none in the AJHL, providing staff with everything needed to fulfill their roles effectively and efficiently.
The successful Equipment Manager will possess the following skills and perform the following duties:
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to skate sharpen
• Ability to make skate repairs (replacement, riveting, eyelets, punching, use of oven)
• Ability to sew
• Ability to make effective equipment modifications
• Ability to keep, maintain, and prepare effective and accurate records
• Ability to maintain effective relationships with management, league officials, facility representatives, fellow employees, and the general public
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, etc.)
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Daily practice set up (towels, jerseys, socks, laundry bags, sport drinks, water, etc.)
• Pre-practice skate sharpening, equipment repairs, equipment modifications, and sewing
• Pre-practice bench set up: water bottles, coaches board, tape, sticks, tires, etc.
• Post-practice skate sharpening, equipment repair (sewing), equipment modifications, equipment replacement, equipment cleaning, and laundry
• All general housekeeping duties for the following areas: dressing room, weight room, training room, coach’s office, bathrooms, showers, and hallways
• In charge of communicating with opposition trainers/equipment personnel about all confirmations on building availability, arrival times, practice ice schedules, etc.
• Game day set up: home team dressing room, visitors dressing room, and referees room (in accordance with league rules)
• In-season and post-season inventory of all hockey equipment, supplies, etc.
• Begin to develop contacts within the league for the purpose of becoming familiar with arena regulations and set up, and begin to “network” with equipment manufactures reps and vendors
• Keep and maintain effective and accurate records
Must be trained in skate sharpening, have prior hockey team experience and possess a valid drivers license. This position will require non-standard hours. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Applications will be accepted until June 28th or until a suitable candidate is hired. Position is seasonal with a start date of August 12, 2019.
Those interested are asked to forward a resume by email to:
* We thank all applicants for their interest and will be in contact if we can offer an interview.
teamInfo Object ( [data] => Array ( [team_id] => 9 [city] => brooks [name] => bandits [division] => s [website] => http://www.brooksbandits.ca/ [dev_url] => [is_active] => 1 [logo] => bandits.png [esports_id] => 513026 [up_esports_id] => 0 [fastHockey_id] => 0 [footer_sponsor_collection_id] => 46 [header_sponsor_collection_id] => 45 [side_sponsor_collection_id] => 108 [spotlight_ad_top_collection_id] => 316 [spotlight_ad_bott_collection_id] => 317 [webtv_title] => Tickets [webtv_image] => CRA Full House emrose.jpg [webtv_link] => https://tickets.brooksbandits.ca/ [webtv_content] =>