BROOKS, AB (November 26, 2020) ? The Brooks Bandits of the Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL) are excited to announce that 2001-born forward Jack Seymour has committed to attend and play for Holy Cross of the Atlantic Hockey Association (NCAA Division I).
Seymour has appeared in 2 regular season games with the Bandits. During the 2020 Exhibition Season, he put up 8 points (4G, 4A) in 10 games.
?Jack has done a really nice job at seamlessly transitioning to Junior hockey. He?s been able to continue to create offence just as he did at the prep school level,” said Bandits Head Coach and GM, Ryan Papaioannou.
“His speed will be noticeable every night and gives him the ability to be successful at both ends of the rink. Holy Cross is getting a fantastic kid who will undoubtedly make a positive contribution to their program.?
The 5?10, 170lb forward from Chelsea, QC, was recruited out of Tilton Prep School where he led his team in scoring in back-to-back seasons, registering 44 points (18G, 26A) in 28 games in his first year, and followed that up with 46 points (21G, 25A) in 26 games. Seymour played his minor hockey for the Gatineau L?Intrépide.
College of the Holy Cross is located in Worcester, Massachusetts, where the Crusaders play under Head Coach David Berard and features Bandits alumni Conner Jean and Nick Hale.
- Seymour is the 14th Bandit on the 2020-21 roster to be committed to an NCAA Division I school, joining:
- Tyler Bates (Colorado College)
- Corson Ceulemans (Wisconsin)
- Dominick Campione (Arizona State)
- Ethan Lund (Niagara)
- Brayden Krieger (Bowling Green)
- Ryan McAllister (Western Michigan)
- Chris Pappas (St. Lawrence)
- Brendan Kennette (Sacred Heart)
- Anthony Cipollone (Vermont)
- Owen Cole (UMass-Lowell)
- Sean Chisholm (Dartmouth)
- Taylor Makar (UMass)
- Zach Bookman (Merrimack)
The Bandits regular season is currently on pause due to the COVID-19 pandemic.