The Brooks Bandits of the Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL) are seeking a new Equipment Manager.
A successful applicant must be a team-oriented individual who is outgoing, organized and willing to work closely with the team coaching staff to serve the players’ needs. The position requires strong organizational and communication skills with personal initiative and a positive attitude. The individual will also be required to travel with the team on all road games.
The Bandits pride themselves on being a premier Canadian Junior A franchise, providing a top experience for both players and team staff. The team’s facilities at the Centennial Regional Arena are second-to-none in the AJHL, providing staff with everything needed to fulfill their roles effectively and efficiently. The Bandits will also be hosting the 2019 RBC Cup national championship tournament.
The successful Equipment Manager will fulfill the duties of:
• Attending all games and practices
• Management/Recording and repair of players’ equipment (sticks, gloves, pants, helmets, jerseys)
• Game day setup of dressing room and team equipment
• Maintaining an inventory of hockey supplies within a budget
• Skate sharpening and daily laundry
Previous hockey team experience would be an asset. This position requires non-standard hours. Salary will be based on experience and certification. Applications will be accepted until filling of position. Position is seasonal with a start date of August 16, 2017.
Those interested are asked to forward a resume by email to:
Assistant G.M./Assistant Coach
* We thank all applicants for their interest and will be in contact if we can offer an interview.