JOB OPPORTUNITY – ATHLETIC THERAPIST
The Brooks Bandits of the Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL) are seeking an individual to serve as the team’s Athletic Therapist.
The successful applicant must be a team-oriented individual who is outgoing, organized, and willing to work closely with the Team Coaching and Medical Staff to serve the players’ needs. The position requires strong organizational and communication skills with personal initiative and a positive attitude. The individual will also be required to travel with the team on all road games.
Position duties include, but are not limited to:
- Attend all games, practices, and work outs
- Work closely with local medical personnel to attend to and assess player injuries, sicknesses, rehabilitation, and documentation (As per Hockey Canada Requirements and Standards)
- Work with Hockey Canada and American insurance companies to submit claims ensuring seamless care for players and families
- Injury prevention and physical preparation
- Communication of injuries to coaching staff and appropriate medical personnel
- Maintaining an inventory of medical supplies within a budget
- Assist the Equipment Manager with facility set up and cleanliness
- Assist the Equipment Manager with packing for road trips
- Certified Athletic Therapist or related program and previous hockey team experience is required.
- The successful candidate must have Hockey Canada’s Safety Person (HCSP) certification.
- It is essential the successful candidate understands the hockey environment and can handle the challenges it brings to the day-to-day work atmosphere.
- This position requires non-standard hours. Salary and term will be based on experience and certification.
This position is seasonal with a start date of August 15, 2022.
Those interested are asked to forward a resume by email to:
* We thank all applicants for their interest and will be in contact if we can offer an interview.